Technical Implementation Engineer
(Middle / Senior)
OneMarketData LLC (‘OMD’) is a US company with a global customer base and globally distributed remote workforce. We’re best known for ‘OneTick’, the world’s most powerful tick analytics platform. We’re also a major supplier of market data for research and trading, and our regulatory products are used by the world’s largest exchange group, the world’s largest market-maker, the world’s largest options trader, and by regulators, banks, and brokerage firms around the world. We’re an agile company with a staff of 200, strongly oriented toward software engineering and DevOps. We use a modern Cloud-based technology stack. See onetick.com for more information.
Our Implementation and Operations team helps to implement, deploy, monitor and maintain our standard product offerings in our AWS hosted environment and in Customer’s environments to deliver high quality solutions. We’re looking for disciplined, highly motivated engineers able to work on challenging projects for national regulators, central banks, and quantitative hedge funds. You’ll interact on a daily basis with OMD colleagues and with customers. Most projects are in a Cloud environment, and we expect Kubernetes to be increasingly important. Some projects will require a security clearance and GDPR processor agreement.
- Python 3, pytest, JupyterHub and PyCharm IDE (but other IDEs are fine)
- The OneTick time series database & streaming analytics engine - Python is the query programming language for this DB engine.
- Kubernetes, Airflow, Redis, Celery, AWS autoscaling
- AWS DynamoDB
- Grafana / Prometheus and extensions, and Sentry
- Docker for containerization
- GitLab CI/CD
- We use Jira & Confluence for coordination, and a Scrum-based approach
What You'll Do
- Writing client specific code on top of standard products as part of implementation (adopting product for client’s needs)
- Working on client side installations and configurations
- Monitoring the errors for existing setups, troubleshooting and fixing code in collaboration with the product development team
- Communications with clients on technical issues or implementation related questions
- Knowledge of basic programming algorithms and data structures
- Experience of programming on python 3 (if not, any other programming language experience)
- Familiarity with pytest, ability to write unit tests and employ TDD
- Confident Linux user
- Good English reading/writing (it is necessary to write documentation in English)/speaking skills
- Attention to detail, hard-working and goal-oriented attitude (to get the tasks done), experience working both in a team and independently, readiness to learn proprietary technologies (OneTick) and communicate with the Customers directly
- Knowledge of AirFlow, Sentry, Prometheus, Grafana, Loki is a significant plus
- Experience in technical support is a plus
All positions to be filled in US, Canada or EEA countries, all full-time employee or full time contractor, all ‘remote work’. Depending on the country of residency, we may, at our discretion, employ you as a contractor directly attached to OneMarketData LLC, or by way of an ‘Employer of Record’ / ‘Agent of Record’ that has an office in the country. We are willing to pay for co-working space when we believe it is appropriate. All positions will require a background check, signed NDA, signed contract, signed GDPR processor passthrough agreement (since we act as a data processor under GDPR). Salaries will be commensurate with experience, education, skillset, and local norms.
Sound like you? Apply Today.