Python / DB Developer
(Middle / Senior)
OneMarketData LLC (‘OMD’) is a US company with a global customer base and globally distributed remote workforce. We’re best known for ‘OneTick’, the world’s most powerful time series database and analytics engine dedicated to financial applications. We’re also a major supplier of market data for research and trading, and our regulatory products are used by the world’s largest exchange group, the world’s largest market-maker, the world’s largest options trader, and by regulators, banks, and brokerage firms around the world. We’re an agile company with a staff of 200, strongly oriented toward software engineering and DevOps. We use a modern Cloud-based technology stack. See onetick.com for more information.
We’re seeking experienced Python / DB developers to help enhance our products and hosted regulatory services. You’ll be using the most advanced Python-oriented software stack, including programmatic code and query generation. Our Python / DB developers communicate a lot with our customers’ and partners’ technical teams.
- Python 3, pytest, Pandas, advanced code-generation libraries
- Redis, Celery
- Docker & friends for containerization
- Airflow for scheduling, Kubernetes for orchestration, AWS autoscaling for resource scaling
- The OneTick time series database & streaming analytics engine - Python is the query programming language for this DB engine.
- Machine learning and MLOps framework
- Django / Postgres
- Grafana / Prometheus / Loki and extensions, and Sentry
- Modern CI/CD environment (GitLab, GitLab CI), modern approach to deployment packaging
- Microservices-based architecture
- IDEs popular with the team include PyCharm, MS Code, and JupyterHub
What You'll Do
- Back-end microservices design, development, test coverage, code review
- Many of our projects involve pipelined processing of large data sets (i.e. ‘big data’)
- Key aspects of development are solved using Python code that generates parallel time-series processing queries that execute in the OneTick engine.
- Many tasks require the ability to develop efficient algorithms
To Be Successful in This Role You’ll Need
- 2+ years of software engineering industrial experience (not studying in parallel)
- 1+ years of Python (we use recent Python 3 versions)
- Git, Linux
- Analytical, algorithms-oriented mindset
- Willingness to understand the business and take initiative to suggest technical solutions
- Familiarity with Docker is a plus
All positions to be filled in US, Canada or EEA countries, all full-time employee or full time contractor, all ‘remote work’. Depending on the country of residency, we may, at our discretion, employ you as a contractor directly attached to OneMarketData LLC, or by way of an ‘Employer of Record’ / ‘Agent of Record’ that has an office in the country. We are willing to pay for co-working space when we believe it is appropriate. All positions will require a background check, signed NDA, signed contract, signed GDPR processor passthrough agreement (since we act as a data processor under GDPR). Salaries will be commensurate with experience, education, skillset, and local norms.
Sound like you? Apply Today.