(Solutions and Cloud teams)
OneMarketData LLC (‘OMD’) is a US company with a global customer base and globally distributed remote workforce. We’re best known for ‘OneTick’, the world’s most powerful tick analytics platform. We’re also a major supplier of market data for research and trading, and our regulatory products are used by the world’s largest exchange group, the world’s largest market-maker, the world’s largest options trader, and by regulators, banks, and brokerage firms around the world. We’re an agile company with a staff of 200, strongly oriented toward software engineering and DevOps. We use a modern Cloud-based technology stack. See onetick.com for more information.
Our DevOps engineers team develops the infrastructure behind the hosted solutions and our software and data delivery lifecycle. Inside the company, we have two main directions - Cloud and Solutions.
- AWS (some of the services we use are: EKS, EC2, S3, SGW, ASG, ALB, Lambda etc.);
- Terraform and Ansible as an IaC approach;
- Python and Bash for programming and scripting purposes;
- Docker (docker-compose, docker airflow plugin) for contarization;
- Kubernetes (mostly EKS, but GKE and other Kubernetes engines are also being used) for Orchestration and Helm for its management.
- Prometheus, Grafana, AWS CloudWatch and CloudTrail, Loki for monitoring, logging and some statistics collection;
- Airflow for product data processing and MLFlow for Machine Learning;
- Jupyter and JupyterHub for data analysis;
- OneTick (time-series database language, which is specific to the financial area);
Some other random tools for different purposes - i.e Packer, HashiCorp Vault, Buildah, OpenVPN, Slack, Confluence and other popular and well known instruments :)
More information about the projects
In Cloud Project, we have multi-account AWS infrastructure managed by AWS organization. Separate AWS accounts are necessary to host customer-facing environments. We have been providing for our customers different kinds of setups for our application. In general we use most of all common AWS resources like EC2, EKS, s3, VPC, ELB, etc but also the stack of AWS resources is pretty wide. Most of our AWS infrastructure is covered by IaC. CI/CD is running on GitLab.
We have more than 1.5 petabytes of data in s3 and EFS. We expose part of the data in s3 to the file system using Storage Gateways. And currently we are in the process of migration from setup on virtual machines to kubernetes, integration centralized logging and monitoring solution, migration of data loading process to airflow and optimizing infrastructure costs planning to improve performance at the same time.
Solutions project can be defined as a kind of company inside a company. We are creating highly demanded Fintech products used by the largest financial institutions in the world (banks, exchanges, investment funds, etc). The product contains ETL backend which is processing large amounts of data generating market alerts and analytics, and web browser frontend which shows all this data in user-friendly format and gives possibilities to customize and configure it. For customers, we offer different types of implementation - Hosted Solution, which is being hosted on our side; PaaS, which is being hosted in the customer's cloud and Deployed Solution, which can be deployed on the customer's on-prem infrastructure. We are automating everything to make the installation and configuring process for the customer as easy as possible and reduce the need for support to a minimum. As a DevOps engineer, you will work with a lot of popular tools - AWS (and possibly with other cloud providers for PaaS customers), Packer, Terraform, Ansible, GitLab CI/CD, Docker, Kubernetes; also we are using Apache Airflow, Tomcat, Grafana, Prometheus, Loki. The main programming language both for infrastructure and application is Python. Also, we're using bash for some kinds of tasks. You will work with a very strong team, where you won't need to explain to developers what Kubernetes is or how Docker works, and top management also has a really strong technical background.
Currently we are working on Kubernetes migration for most of our services including Airflow, MLFlow, Jupyter Hub and our OneTick product itself while also improving our internal release processes, CI/CD, monitoring and logging and so on. We are always trying to implement the best solutions for our product and internal environment.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Improving and extending our AWS infrastructure;
- Implementing Kubernetes, create and upgrade Helm charts for different services;
- Implementing and improving CI/CD pipelines for our environments, expanding the capabilities of our release mechanism;
- Improving logging and monitoring systems for the existing infrastructure and services;
- Upgrade the current infrastructure with new ideas to reduce costs and increase performance;
- Create architecture from scratch for large PaaS customers minimizing the support needance;
- Helping the developers to simplify and customize the development process;
- Automation of Cloud processes using Terraform and Ansible;
- Helping with troubleshooting in case of AWS related issues.
- Experience more than 2 years.
- Linux experience (Tomcat, NGINX, Apache Web server, etc.).
- Experience with general resources of AWS.
- CI/CD (any tools).
- Experience of working with network tools and protocols.
- Docker, Kubernetes.
- Experience with Bash + Python, as our data loading scripts are written using this stack (it is not necessary to write them for DevOps, but understanding is always beneficial).
- Experience with logging and monitoring tools is a plus.
- Experience with Terraform, Ansible, Packer and others IaC tools is a plus
- English - Upper-Intermediate or higher.
- Good communicative skills, being able to explain difficult things in simple words.
- Being eager to learn new technologies (including area-specific).
- Attentiveness, hard-working and goal-oriented mindset (to have the tasks done), opportunity to work both in team and independently.
As the main benefits, it is needed to mention that we have no bureaucracy at all, no time tracking, and very flexible hours. The main goal is to make employees feel comfortable and have a possibility to express themselves maximizing their performance because of liking what they are working on. All ideas can be realized and all the work that is being done will be used by lots of large companies.