Operations Engineer (Solutions Team)
OneMarketData is continuously searching for bright talent with the skills to make an impact. From developers to data scientists, at OneTick you will have the opportunity to develop and enhance your problem solving skills using a combination of analytics, imagination, and talent.
OneMarketData LLC (‘OMD’) is a US company with a global customer base and globally distributed remote workforce. We’re best known for ‘OneTick’, the world’s most powerful tick analytics platform. We’re also a major supplier of market data for research and trading, and our regulatory products are used by the world’s largest exchange group, the world’s largest market-maker, the world’s largest options trader, and by regulators, banks, and brokerage firms around the world. We’re an agile company with a staff of 200, strongly oriented toward software engineering and DevOps. We use a modern Cloud-based technology stack. See onetick.com for more information.
Our company is a partner of major banks, market centers, brokers, and information providers around the world.
In the Solutions team we are working on the product that allows our customers to align their trading operations with historical financial data from various exchanges we received from our vendors (New York Stock Exchange, Intercontinental Exchange, Morningstar, etc.) to perform Surveillance and Transaction Cost Analysis.
We are looking for a Junior and Middle level colleague, who will help us to continuously provide excellent Customer experience.
- AWS (the whole our infrastructures is built in AWS)
- OneTick (time-series database language, which is specific to the financial area)
- Terraform and Ansible (our DevOps group is helping us to embed CI/CD approach)
- Python as a "glue" between difficult parts of the product and infrastructure
- Kubernetes in order to reduce our costs and have more flexible infrastructure in the mid-term
- Apache Airflow as task orchestration tool
- Sentry and Grafana for monitoring
What you will do
- Ensuring on a daily basis, that the data delivery cycle is functioning from end to end both on-premises and in AWS, supporting all company branches in their data availability requests
- Monitoring the alerts and daily jobs and helping to eliminate the issues timely and proactively
- Be the first point of contact with customers in case of processing issues
- Helping with Troubleshooting-diving in the logs and monitoring tools to understand what could be a potential root cause of the issue to create a Jira ticket with detailed description for developers
- Collaboration with different teams across the company, Customers and data vendors
To be successful in this role you'll need
- Basic understanding and experience with Linux, Python, Docker
- AWS knowledge is nice to have
- Attentiveness, hard-working and goal-oriented mindset (to have the tasks done), opportunity to work both in team and independently
- Good troubleshooting skills (understanding how to work with logs, data, the ability to reproduce the problem and create a test case for developers)
- Would be great if you have an experience as Technical Support or Operations Engineer
All positions to be filled in US, Canada or EEA countries, all full-time employee or full time contractor, all ‘remote work’. Depending on the country of residency, we may, at our discretion, employ you as a contractor directly attached to OneMarketData LLC, or by way of an ‘Employer of Record’ / ‘Agent of Record’ that has an office in the country. We are willing to pay for co-working space when we believe it is appropriate. All positions will require a background check, signed NDA, signed contract, signed GDPR processor pass-through agreement (since we act as a data processor under GDPR). Salaries will be commensurate with experience, education, skill set, and local norms.
Sound like you? Apply Today.