OneMarketData LLC (‘OMD’) is a US company with a global customer base and globally distributed remote workforce. We’re best known for ‘OneTick’, the world’s most powerful time series database and analytics engine dedicated to financial applications. We’re also a major supplier of market data for research and trading, and our regulatory products are used by the world’s largest exchange group, the world’s largest market-maker, the world’s largest options trader, and by regulators, banks, and brokerage firms around the world. We’re an agile company with a staff of 200, strongly oriented toward software engineering and DevOps. We use a modern Cloud-based technology stack. See onetick.com for more information.
You will be working on the tasks to develop and maintain reports and dashboards that provide the data analytics and data visualizations capabilities in our products.
The main product you’ll work on is Trade Surveillance - software for monitoring the activities of a trading firm and its customers to detect illegal and unethical trading practices including market manipulation, fraud, money laundering, insider trading, speculation, and unsuitable investments. You’ll have to closely work with the product owners, developers, and customers to develop meaningful production visualizations for financial time series data.
Examples of what we do, and our Dashboards, can be seen on the company website https://www.onetick.com/trade-surveillance.
The dashboards are developed using OneTick visual dashboard builder (front end) and the OneTick data query language and Python scripting (back end). Your work will include designing new features requested by customers and identified as strategic product improvements by the business product owners, support of the existing functionality, and tests development using pytest for our CI/CD process.
- Python 3, pytest
- Docker & friends for containerization
- The OneTick time series database & streaming analytics engine
- CI/CD environment, modern approach to deployment packaging
- Kubernetes and Airflow
What You'll Do
- Dashboards design and development (front/back-end)
- Cover it with tests in pytest
To be successful in this role, you will need
- Python 3 and SQL
- Understanding of basic principles of the UI/UX design
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of enterprise backend development experience
- Linux experience or a desire to quickly learn it
- Analytical mindset
- English for communication with colleagues and partners and reading documentation (Intermediate is a must)
- Willingness to understand the business and take initiative to suggest the appropriate technical solutions
- Willingness to work a lot with our proprietary software
- Familiarity with Git or any other version control system
- Experience in writing technical documentation
- REST API
- Experience with data visualizations is a plus
- Experience with financial time series data is a plus
All positions to be filled in EEA countries, all full-time contractor, all ‘remote work’. Depending on the country of residency, we may, at our discretion, employ you as a contractor directly attached to OneMarketData LLC, or by way of an ‘Employer of Record’ / ‘Agent of Record’ that has an office in the country. We are willing to pay for co-working space when we believe it is appropriate. All positions will require a background check, signed NDA, signed contract, signed GDPR processor pass-through agreement (since we act as a data processor under GDPR). Salaries will be commensurate with experience, education, skill set, and local norms.
Sound like you? Apply Today.